Electronics Technician - La Crosse
|Title:||Electronics Technician - La Crosse|
BAYCOM Inc, the Midwest’s leading provider of digital voice, video, and data technology solutions, is seeking an Electronics Technician to join our team in La Crosse, Wisconsin!
The Service Department Electronics Technician is responsible for the service and repair of various types of communication equipment. This position ensures adherence to contract specifications and established policies and procedures. Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures is a must to plan and accomplish stated goals. This position performs a variety of tasks, including the leading and directing of others to achieve profitability of results.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Responsible for 24/7 on call rotation, as required.
- Responsible for achieving profitable performance of service work.
- Responsible for the completion of daily paperwork.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Maintain assets for the department including tech assigned, BAYCOM assigned, calibration of equipment.
- Maintenance of customer related information to include detailed system documentation, programming information.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of our contract customers and the specifics of their systems.
- Represent BAYCOM in a positive and professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and clean work area and/or vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
BAYCOM is 100% Employee Owned
- Understanding of test equipment to troubleshoot and analyze products.
- Basic computer and networking knowledge.
- Read and understand electrical schematics.
- Understand basic vehicle electronics.
- Understand AC/DC electronics.
- Ability to solder well.
- Remain current on technologies, troubleshooting & product knowledge.
- Documentation skills in products used for customer deliverables (Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, One Note, Outlook).
- Fundamental internet and computing skills.
- High energy level required.
- Leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications